Friday 15 October 2010

Where do you draw strength from?

The recent "Beautiful Exchange" album from Hillsong church moves me in so many ways. Some of my favourite tracks are "Believe," "Beautiful Exchange" and "Forever Reign."

Call me a sap but it's always the slow ones that get me. In "Believe," it says...

VERSE 1:
You are my life
You are my strength
You are my rock
On who I stand

I lift my voice
I raise my hands
I lift my soul
With all I am

In Christ forever I stand
I will believe

CHORUS:
You are strong enough
In my weakness
God be lifted up
And I will sing
Lift your praises high

Lord be magnified
You make all things news
I will believe

So hear this song
Receive our praise
You are my strength
For all our days
We lift you up
Our voices high
In every storm
Let God arise

Bridge:
Oh, your love
Your love will never fail
Your love, it knows no end
Your love will never fail

Oh, your love
Stronger than my strength
Greater than my pain
Your love will never fail

I will believe

I love how, unfailingly, each album/song speaks to every single person so specifically in their particular season of life. In praying for my dream career to come to fruition (I swear, if pregnancy feels anything like that, it's pretty mad), I find myself having to sing these words as a reminder of his goodness and faithfulness.

As I sing these words "You are my life... you are my strength... you are my rock... on you I stand," which are so hugely life-affirming, I'm reminding myself of what and who really has held it all together for me through my twenty-something life.

"You are my strength... For all our days... We lift your up... Our voices high... In every storm let God arise." In times of struggles, these words prove so full of resolve. When I think there is no way, He is my rock, my strong foundation. In Him, I draw my strength from. (Sorry Oprah and Dr Phil.)

Knowing that he comes through in every storm, I find a kind of power and renewed strength that I want more of. Each day, I pray for strength to just keep going and trust that He, who holds all the powers in the world, will make it happen. I look back and know that He who has met me in every single storm is true to what He says. If you're believing for something or a dream to happen, grab hold of it and keep pushing. Push like your mama never push before! More importantly I'm praying that I'll never forget what we call the "kingdom mentality" - that my dream isn't about feeding an ego but a purposeful one that does good, and helps to reach and win people by showing Jesus' crazy love for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment